These granola bars are gluten, dairy, egg and soy free. In other words, nothing in them will slow you down.
This is a two-day project, but the actual time invested is minimal.
GLUTEN-FREE CINNAMON-RAISIN GRANOLA BARS
List 13 cups rolled oats (I like Bob's Red Mill Organic Extra Thick)
1/2 cup quinoa (steamed)
1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds or sprouts
1 cup sesame seeds
List 23/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
List 31/2 cup rasins
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips)
Evening of day one -Take the ingredients on List 1, place in a large bowl and cover with water. Let sit on the counter overnight.
Day two -1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Drain and rinse the pre-soaked ingredients. Squeeze out the excess water.
3. Place the ingredients from List 2 into a food processor and give it a good whirl. Add the ingredients from List 1 to the mixture. If you like your granola bars more like cake, let the blender go longer. If you want some texture and crunch, leave the batter lumpy.
3. Add List 3 and mix by hand.
4. Spread in a thin layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour.
5. Remove from oven and cut into bars. Place back into oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
Don't eat all at once!
Tomorrow: Chocolate-chocolate chip granola bars!